View Single Post
Old 10-17-2015, 05:42 AM
CloudSailor
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2006

Originally Posted by 2cylinderdriver View Post
Cloud, is it your impression that this Rep and the other no voters on the MEC are of the position that, should this TA fail, they will still be seeking an increase to the A plan cap for everyone ? Including new hires? Or has this rep changed his mind on offering the chance to "freeze" the A plan and get more B money? Because the way I read his Communications, especially the post TA ones, is he long on rhetoric but short details on how to fix retirement.

It looks like his stance is that we can force the Company to raise the cap (for all) since he does not want to freeze the plan in any way, not for any demographic per his own past communications. FedEx has lots of money so just pay up? It would be very helpful for those voters relying on his perspective to understand what he (and the other "No's") view as a path forward in the most talked about topic, retirement.

It is funny to me that many are realizing (coming to grips with etc) that universal improvements to the A plan are not likely (and many younger pilots want other options) yet the MEC reps like this one appear to be the very reason we did not get that chance in this TA, if that is not the definition of irony then I do not know what is. All i know if this TA goes down I look forward to seeing this group lead us to the improving best retirement package in the industry beyond what we have in this TA.
I have asked him directly. His position is to not split newhires off in any way. We need a solid and improved A-plan, and an improved B-plan for all on property. The company can afford it. We have earned it. That has been his stance from his first communication, but I did email him to confirm.