View Single Post
Old 10-17-2015, 07:20 AM
CloudSailor
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2006

Originally Posted by 2cylinderdriver View Post
I would really like to hear him talk about that "improve" the A plan, because that screams of more "age based carve outs" to me...more than we already have in this TA. The age 54 stuff is complete BS and we should NEVER do anything again based on age. I can personally live with this one because they actually have to do something to get it as opposed to just being born on a certain date. Thinking that you can have a cutoff were people are literally one day apart in age and that is the dividing line between "you have time to make money in the B and the guy one day older does not" is the problem with those plans based on age. I would ask him what his minimum cap would be and does that apply to all FedEx pilots, I am voting yes so I only care about his answer post TA failure so that it why I am not asking.
I agree 100%, the age 54 carve out is absolute BS!!!

What needs to happen if this TA is rejected, is better polling, and more transparency about where we are in the negotiations process. During the last 4 years, it would've been great for us to hear from the sections that had been tentatively completed. I don't know about you, but I thought all along we were actually working on our openers, stuff like real time trip trading, you know? Then the TA is released, and it's a complete surprise to most. The NC felt the heat of how disappointed our majority was immediately when we saw the leaked "highlights", and started the sales campaign. "Line in the sand", etc... Finally, actually SELLING the concept, via emails and call-ins, of how growing an unknown version of PBS on property is a good thing!!! YGTBFKM!!!!