Old 07-21-2007, 05:59 AM
Nashmd11
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: CA 767

Originally Posted by newKnow View Post
Flyguy1 can't be a NWA pilot.

Originally Posted by flyguy1
"Why does NWA take so much heat for doing what USairways, United, Delta, American(to a lesser degree) have done with their employee contracts?"

Who cares if NWA (management) is taking heat? If you are not suffering under this contract, then you should at least be worrined about your fellow pilots who are "taking heat" from the paycuts and increased workload imposed on them by this contract.

We should be concerned that in many ways we have the worst contract in the industry.

I don't think I will comment on anything else that guy said, because I think it's flamebait.

I will say that we need to find so way to get the hell out of this contract. It's not only the pay that sucks, but it is part of the slap in the face we have taken.

As taken from this website:

UPS

Second year FO pay in
2008: $112/hr
2009: $122/hr
2010: $132/hr
2011: $143/hr
2012: $149/hr

Northwest

2007 757 Captain pay $142 per hour......

Oh, if you want you can add our 1.5% yearly raise. But, it's not really worth the hassle. It still sucks with the raise.

Just to put it in perspective for Flyguy (if he's for real): A 2007 college graduate could get hired by a commuter airline (Compass) this year, fly for them until 2011, get hired by UPS and in his second year make more than an NWA 757 captain. Enough said.

New Contract Now

Just too add, these numbers for UPS hourly are actually higher than posted, since one gets paid 13 TIMES a year or 975 hours guaranteed. So 149 an hour equates to 161 an hour for the legacy folks. Since most legacy get 75 hours a month 12 times a year. 900 hours vs. 975 guarateed at UPS.