View Single Post
Old 10-20-2015, 08:57 AM
maxjet
VHR-very happily retired

Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: Retired

Originally Posted by HVYMETALDRVR View Post
What's a junior FO's schedule looking like? Worked to the bone every day on reserve and extended into days off? Or a lot of sitting? Is it reasonable to get 15 days at home per month?

I have a friend that's a junior FO over at Southern. He seems to be getting a decent amount of time of and spends a good amount of his reserve time sitting. Granted there are issues over there also, I'm just wondering how it compares?

Thanks.
It doesn't work that way at K4. The good news? They cannot extend you or junior assign you. The bad news? The only control you have over your schedule is your days off. You bid a line that almost 99.9% of the time never work other than the first day. Days off will not be more than 12, 13, or 14 off in a month depending on how many days in the particular month. Think of it as, they own your ass for 17 days a month and not one more unless you agree. Guys that get stuck out on the road into days off usually caused it themselves by not being proactive in enforcing the contract. You can legally turn down a trip if it results in no way for you to get home on days on. Don't know if I want to try it as I have small balls, but you can do it. Hope that helps. ACMI flying is not like any other type of scheduling.