Old 10-20-2015, 12:31 PM
CloudSailor
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2006

Originally Posted by Dadof6 View Post
Not being very experienced in this carryover trip thingy, I just learned something new (for me) on Min Day Off protection. Had three Crew Notifications today: I had a short 3-day trip dropped (the one I requested to drop), then a longer 7 day trip dropped (one I DIDN'T want dropped), then the original 3 day trip added back to my line. Hello?

Called Futures, and was told that because of carryover trip, and selecting Protect Min Days Off, I needed to have a total of 4 days dropped; the three day trip wasn't enough all by itself. So for a 4-week (28 day) bid month, the numbers are ON 15 days, min OFF 13. For a 5-week (35 day) month, numbers are ON 19 days, min OFF 16. Of course I can go in during View/Add and trip to pick up the longer trip, but the shorter 3-day is an unwanted gift. The devil is in the details.
Man, that sucks. I thought that you could select, in your example, only the 3-day trip to be dropped during the conflict/input window, and as long as it's not over a holiday, you would have that dropped, even if you ended up without min days off...

Anyhow, received a reply on min days off protection when swapping a c/o trip with open time, or even with another pilot (SOF, SWP) - the protection is WAIVED as they are considered voluntary changes to your schedule. Good to know.