View Single Post
Old 10-20-2015, 07:51 PM
Mjm8710
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2015

I haven't read any of the replies but I'll give you my two cents op...

I've been at a regional for about two years, and it wasn't until a few months ago my body really adjusted and I sleep like a baby every night. I remember the transition rather difficult myself...it's normal.

One thing that has helped me is to purchase a Fitbit. You can track your sleep and set "baselines" on how many hours of sleep you get a night...I try to average 7 hours on there, if it's a short overnight then I'll get right to bed soon as I get to the hotel...is that difficult at first, sure, but your body will adjust to your sleep schedule (at least how many hours it requires). When I'm off duty at home I try to go to bed at a decent time..even staying up later than normal one or two nights a week wreaks havoc for me later in the week.

Change your diet, limit caffeine, try to get a little bit of exersize in, cut out the drinking, and don't eat before bed-skip and eat in the morning if you have to. Use melatonin if you need to-it knocks me right out.

Again, the transition is difficult but your body will slowly adjust. No worries.

Something that just hit me...do you commute? If so that will tire you out no questiin about it. Think twice about commuting if so-just move to base it will help