View Single Post
Old 10-21-2015, 06:17 AM
mainiac
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2009
Position: CE680

Originally Posted by amaineiac View Post
Coming from you, this reminds me of LBJ saying "If I've lost Cronkite, I've lost Middle America."

727C47 has been one of the most level headed guys here and on the union board. He's not one of the guys screaming for the moon or he's voting no.

I hope the union has a plan for this TA being voted down, because if they've lost 727C47, they've lost the average line pilot.
As mostly a lurker, and not a poster, I agree with you here. Been watching his posts and they've always been very positive, and this is a good representation of the current mood here.

I am a NJ new hire (3/15), and know exactly what I signed up for, but was hopeful that things were in an upswing. The reality with this TA is a long way to go for me to make $100K salary (8 years) on the 7/7 schedule. JetBlue FO can do that probably by year3.

Because of where I live, and the fact that I am 51 years old, NJ is where I want to be, just like (sadly) Avantair was for me. But, I was tickling 6-figures salary there by year 6, and had it by year 7.

amaineiac, where are you from? Wonder if I know you up here, being that Maine is one big small town! Jeezum