View Single Post
Old 10-21-2015, 07:46 AM
727C47
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: C47 PIC/747-400 SIC

Originally Posted by mainiac View Post
As mostly a lurker, and not a poster, I agree with you here. Been watching his posts and they've always been very positive, and this is a good representation of the current mood here.

I am a NJ new hire (3/15), and know exactly what I signed up for, but was hopeful that things were in an upswing. The reality with this TA is a long way to go for me to make $100K salary (8 years) on the 7/7 schedule. JetBlue FO can do that probably by year3.

Because of where I live, and the fact that I am 51 years old, NJ is where I want to be, just like (sadly) Avantair was for me. But, I was tickling 6-figures salary there by year 6, and had it by year 7.

amaineiac, where are you from? Wonder if I know you up here, being that Maine is one big small town! Jeezum
I'm taking a more balanced view of this whole thing, not hating, when we get the TA I will read it diligently, ask questions during the road shows to come, then do what's best for my familia. It is a good job, we are trying to make it a great one. No one ever said it would be easy.