View Single Post
Old 10-21-2015, 08:07 AM
iFlyRC
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2015

Originally Posted by FL2204 View Post
Thanks for the Feedback. but Nope clean record. Nothing to hide whatsoever. A friend of mine who is at mesa gave me the phone number of a recruiter a mesa. I tried that too. Left few messages. No response.
The only response I got was from Republic. Telling me they have more qualified candidates.
Envoy called me as well. To tell me they are reviewing my application and they'll get back to me within 2 days....it has been few months already.
Piedmont just hired one of our Captains. Are you a flight instructor? Despite this being a pilots job market, you still will want some turbine experience of some sort. In my experience, it is always the flight instructors who struggle the most, going from a C172 to an airliner is a huge jump, and having even a little bit of turbine time helps tremendously. Case in point, Piedmont is not contacting you, but they did hire one of our captains recently. So you are competing with people who are moving sideways in the industry with previous experience. At Mesa, I'd say 75% of the new F.O's I fly with came from another regional or had turbine experience. The flight instructors, most I have to watch like a hawk on landings. A few F.O's I have flown with weren't flight instructors, and had no turbine experience, but were very good stick and rudder types from doing odd stuff like chasing drones for government contract work.
Piedmont has probably the best flow agreement right now, so they are getting a lot of experienced applicants in the door probably. Mesa with 15 new E-jets coming, is most likely getting a lot of attention from other regional pilots as well. Now with SkyWest getting 17 or more E-jets for Delta, I'd imagine they are only looking at previous experience applicants as well.
Do you have currency? Have you not been flying while waiting for a phone call? Make no mistake about it, you can't be lazy and expect to get a job even in this market, get your butt in a King Air or Learjet doing air ambulance work, something other than a C172.