Thread: New TA
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2015, 07:13 AM
Gunfighter
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007

Originally Posted by pileit View Post
Again, restoration is MY goal too. But we didn't have profit sharing back in C2K (correct, you had a pension) as well as a number of other items. What will it take today including profit sharing to be considered "restoration"?

Pay rates and work rules equivalent to C2K would be considered restoration. Each pilot has their own QOL vs. $$$ sliding scale. I tend to lean further toward the QOL vs straight pay rate side.

I am not suggesting rushing it at all...I also want to get it right. BUT since July 1st I have lost $8k plus retirement of 15% on that (which is fine if a MUCH better deal is on the way).

You are welcome for the "loss". 65% of us saved you from a career full of work rule erosions. BTW, I made $7k since July 1st on one IOE trip drop, followed by a green slip as a junior lineholder. So between the two of us, we are about even on pay. I may even chose to upgrade because senior lineholders are staying in place for the LCA drops.

The question continues to be (referring to your last sentence) How much time? And what % constitutes "doing it right"? Those are very nebulous goals. I don't know how you meet those goals without numbers attached to them...thanks.
We all have our own numbers and as a group, the NC has that info via the pre TA survey. The 65% no vote on NA15 substantiated that data, as the contract was short of the survey results and it was voted down. Personally, I have enough patience to wait 2-3 years for what I consider a fair contract. During that time, I will be saving every profit sharing check and building my personal strike fund.

In a nutshell, here is your answer

RESTORATION of pay rates to pre bankruptcy rates.
Leave all concessions out of our work rules.
RESTORATION of the value of vacation.
Adjust per diem to GSA published rates
RESTORATION of pay for training events.
The company pays for training inefficiency associated with a diverse fleet.

Back to the operating room, I have a rocket waiting...