View Single Post
Old 10-24-2015, 02:49 PM
Waitingformins
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2012

Originally Posted by CBreezy View Post
This is a GREAT point. Has anyone watched the price of fast food increase recently? The $5 footlong is long gone but until recently, Subway was making hand over fist. Even at Starbucks, the cost of coffee has risen significantly in the last 3 years alone. I refuse to buy that if the BK Lounge charges an extra 40 cents for a Whopper, people will stop going there. Hardly.

This is, by far, the worst argument. When the economy collapsed in 2008, millions of college-aged Americans got hosed. In 2007, you are told that if you go get a Bachelor's degree, you'll be making $50-70k right out of school. Well, what do you think happened when every single company started laying off? People with tenss of years of experience were now out of work. With them out looking for jobs, each year, millions of young adults hit the work force while the work force shrunk. These "lazy millennials" as you call them were forced to wait tables, tend bar, go live in their parents' basement and put themselves on a path to go to law school or get their PhD. They did it, not because they wanted to, but because there were hundreds of people with the exact qualifications as them entering the work force and others with experience getting laid off. If they attended more school, loan payments were deferred and if they stretched it out long enough, they'd eventually get that $50k-75k they were promised by the boomer generation when the originally "bought in" to the higher education pyramid scheme.
Total cop out BS, Their parents told them they need to be the HNIC and a degree would do that. Hiding in college is not honorable or some poor mouthing story. They want to be a lawyer not a paralegal. Their sucking on their mamma's tits, or the governments complaining about min wage while turning down jobs that are "beneath" them. I never said they were lazy, but they are because being a paralegal making $20 an hour is "beneath" them. That would require working for a living which they wont do which makes them lazy.
Getting drunk in college was all that was important, and since a career didn't fall in their laps they got screwed.
"You expect me to work a blue color job?" Ill stay in school until my 40's to avoid that. BTW aren't those all filled by Mexicans?