View Single Post
Old 10-24-2015, 07:53 PM
frmrdashtrash
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2008
Position: Upright

Originally Posted by beech1980 View Post
I doubt they will be hiring those kind of folks.. Netjets leads the industry in fractional/ charter flying. By the looks of the TA they probably pay more with better benefits than 80 percent of corporate operators as well. Guys wont be bailing left and right because they didnt get southwest pay for a 7/7 schedule. We all know if it gets bad enough and they cant hire they will improve the pay.

The right seat is going to become a revolving door and the line to get out WILL be longer than the one to get in. Those of us here now are most likely looking to get out. I would put money on better than 50% of the current FO list won't be here in two years. As new guys come in, get beaten by scheduling and the shiny wears off the job they'll join us in leaving. We might get a few ex-airline guys, but they'll bail as well after a short time. This will skew the PIC/SIC ratio possibly triggering the downgrade language. Welcome to the incredible shrinking fractional, right up until the ogre's successor closes up the place.

Bottom line, a newhire today will NEVER see the left seat. It is a dead end job. Period. I'm sure we're still a good alternative for some, but that number will shrink.