View Single Post
Old 10-25-2015, 02:35 PM
fishforfun
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Hoping for any position

Originally Posted by GordoCooper View Post
Hey guys; I'm just trying to advise the "home every night" is a false premise to come here on. I know, I know......just move to your base and everything is fine. Oh wait; I'll move to Laughlin, ok things are great (oops, that base is closed); how about Grand Rapids, I'll move there! ( oops, that base closed too), ok, Los Angeles a major USA city and hub, I'll move there (oops, another base closure), well then Tunica (nope, also closed), ok Wendover (not for long....closing now).

So to tell new hires, or anyone else for that matter, just live in base.......it only works if you want to rely on MG, SH, etc keeping your base open! Take a look, from minor middle of nowhere to major U.S. Cities, G4 will open and close bases each and every year. Yes, SFB, IWA, and LAS are probably safe. Any other base I wouldn't necessarily be convinced is going to stay operational.

I'm just putting it out there that a 2 hr commute isn't even commutable at G4. I'd like to see scheduling as a major issue for everyone in the contract (stalled) negotiations. You can only promote "live in base" if your base stays open!(Oops, another gaff.....apparently our negotiations are moving along quite well according to the propaganda management is issuing)
True, I would say "home every night" needs and asterisk. If you're going to move to smaller based like AVL or BLI I wouldn't count on them being open forever. Florida and Vegas are safe bets so if you want to live in those places I would say Allegiant is a place to consider. Outside of that I think it's a crapshoot. Good things to point out to the regional guys considering coming here.