View Single Post
Old 10-26-2015, 03:41 PM
fishforfun
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Hoping for any position

Originally Posted by FirstClass View Post
I suspect you'll need at least 2 more contracts till you can be on par with a spirit or JetBlue etc.. based on the type of expectations they are laying out on G4pilots.com. I was only saying it's hard for a pilot in the market to seriously consider allegiant. If allegiant management can't be bothered to treat their own company well with quality maintenance and employee treatment, I'm not sure how they can expect people to want to come and work there and be anything other than an airbus type rating revolving door. Maybe when the hiring starts picking up they'll figure out how to compete.

I can come to no other conclusion that management wants a pilot in and out of there in 5 years. Correct me if I'm wrong.
It's hard to come to any other conclusion when the pay, retirement and healthcare are so terrible. I listened to the union conference call and was disappointed to hear we are still negotiating for below industry standard. I can only hope spirit and others get their TA approved before were done negotiating. There have been improvements made in the training department but they are small ones. Considering how much they want to grow in the next five years they really need to step up.