View Single Post
Old 10-26-2015, 04:28 PM
HVYMETALDRVR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2013
Position: FO

Originally Posted by Hilltopper89 View Post
It doesn't pay to argue. We have 20 yr FOs who like to bit#$ that they chose the wrong airline. I'm no supporter (or employee) of Allegiant but it's lame for those to whine to the 1-5 year Allegiant CA about their 20 year FO gig elsewhere. If they wanted the 12 month upgrade then leave American and go to Allegiant and take the utter BS they're offering....or shut up.
I just don't understand the argument? Although I don't want to actually trade years of my life away, a 20 year Legacy FO makes about the same money and has a much better QOL than a 5 year G4 CA. The only exception possibly being the old US Airways guys, though in the last 2-3 years there has been a lot of potential for movement with all the retirements over there.

A 20 year G4 FO? Well there is no such thing since we haven't been around that long, but an 18 year FO here could easily bid the left seat on any aircraft. He/she would probably be the most senior person in all of FL and in the top couple bidders in every base out west. Although underpaid, he/she would be topped out at 97/hr, definitely weak compared to our legacy counterparts, but not exactly on food stamps either.

So again, I don't see why a bitter 5 year G4 CA would offend them? And yes, if you are a 5 yr CA out west in LAS or IWA you still don't hold enough seniority to always avoid RSV or the Florida TDY. I flew with a couple of them down here in Florida.

Last edited by HVYMETALDRVR; 10-26-2015 at 04:59 PM.