View Single Post
Old 07-22-2007, 09:55 AM
av8rmike
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2006

Originally Posted by Daniel Larusso View Post
On the thread awaiting the Minority/Con opinion, I mentioned that this would happen. The policy manual only requires a con position paper to be published to the membership. After that is done, they are under no obligation to discuss/acknowledge it any further. This is true at any ALPA carrier with any MEC. That is why you will not hear about it at roadshows, hub-turn meetings, e-mails, etc unless the membership holds their feet to the fire on it. It's also why you get that timeshare feeling after going to any type of roadshow. The way the bylaws are written, once a MEC endorses a deal, it is a seriously tough road to derail them from getting 50 + 1 % of the vote.
Fine, if they want to play that way, let 'em. Anyone get their grubby little fingers his updated opposing opinion? Once someone does, post it here. Copy, paste and email to everyone you know. Six degrees of separation, or something like that. Within a few hours of it being posted here, the vast majority of the voting crew force would have it in their inboxes.

I voiced the same b1tch to my rep. I've worked hard on a committee for three years now and I'm not afforded the privilege of the ALPA email chain. Letting anyone get access would obviously result in chaos, but tit for tat seems democratic...