View Single Post
Old 10-30-2015, 05:17 PM
SrfNFly227
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: PIC Challenger 605

Originally Posted by Lucky8888 View Post
Be careful here. The TBM in 850 (assuming you are considering an 850) mode does not have a FADEC. In climb, you are referencing charts and tables to make engine settings. It is a handful for a lot of pilots. The Mustang has terrible avionics (G1000) for this airplane IMO and a lot of people don't like the trash bag lav. Also the cockpit is really cramped.
Good to know about the FADEC, but I don't really see that as a concern. King Air isn't FADEC, nor is the Challenger. Either way, the TBM is off the table as an option.

As for the Mustang, the trash bag lab does suck. The Phenom wins there with the flushing lav, even it you do have to carry the pot all the way through the cabin. At 6'4", I didn't find the cockpit too bad. It was tight, but not uncomfortable by any means.

The G1000 is a lot better than people want to give it credit for. The biggest complaint while I was flying with it was user defined holds, but they've added that feature. I can't really think of any other functions that I would want, that it didn't have.