Old 03-01-2006, 02:45 PM
Harblar
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: cessnas - I sit left, right, and back (when I want to take a nap)

Originally Posted by Punkpilot48
I know NASCAR and someof the racing teams will hire lower time pilots as long as you can be "part of the family." Depending on who you work for its very good pay just be prepared to not be home for most of the week.
Hmmm... That wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. I don't really care if I'm gone everynight. I'm single and have no kids, so I don't Have to be home for anything. Any specific teams I should check out, any flight dept websites out there for them?

I was wondering about the 60 ME time, though I was hoping that the fact that 20-some of it was turbo jet time might help out a little. Unfortunately where I work, we have no multi's available for rent or instructing in even. I do know someone near by that owns a seminole and never flies it, so I might be able to get some hours in that. I'll have to do some checking though.
Hmmm... either way I guess, I could always start submitting resume's and see what happens. Mesaba might be hiring soon, right...

The CRJ would be nice, but as long as it's not a 150 and has a steady income tied to it,I'd be happy.

I'm still waiting to see if ATC will pan out, but for every good rumor I hear on that, I hear about 10 bad ones as well (or so it seems). I'm at a point where I can't flight instruct anymore, but I also can't sit around a wait for ATC to maybe start hiring again. It won't be too long and I know I'll have all the req's for flying part 135 frieght, but I'm still trying to decide if that's a route I want to take. Flying checks around wouldn't be so bad, I guess.