View Single Post
Old 11-02-2015, 11:35 AM
jtsailjt
New Hire

Joined APC: Nov 2015

Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
Thanks for your reply Badflaps. I will search for that thread. Were you able to fly while using Carac?
Several years ago I used Carac to treat some actinic keratosis on my face and scalp and dutifully reported it on my next physical under visits to a medical professional. A few months later I received a letter from the FAA saying that they had considered my "case" (didn't know I had a case or that they were considering anything) and decided that I could have a class 1 physical (?!) but that I was reminded to abide by rule # something or other and not fly any time I had any new symptoms of actinic keratosis, my symptoms worsened, or I was being treated. So, with a letter like that from the FAA in my possesion, and Carac being the only treatment I had reported and continue to use, I don't fly while using it. It seemed silly so I looked up possible side effects and in addition to the obvious cosmetic issues they include eyes stinging, sleeplessness, and irritability. Not a good thing in the cockpit.