Old 03-01-2006, 02:55 PM
FlyerJosh
Chief Jeppesen Updater

Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: Executive Transport Driver

xkuzme:

What is "the right way"? Get a job. Build time. Move on to something better.

If an airline is willing to hire an off the street candidate with 600 hrs, then what is the difference between flying part 121 and flying part 61 flight instruction? And what good does it do to wait (other than hurt your seniority)?

I understand the whole substandard pay and PFT. However, to some extent one has to do what one has to do. Don't ***** yourself out, but also don't piddle around waiting for the perfect job to come along... odds are it wont.

Here are some companies that I know have hired some lower time pilots in the past (600/100). There may or may not be additional requirements (such as internships, aeronautics degrees, whatever). It definately helps to have internal recommendations...

Great Lakes
Skyways
Mesa
"Chaututtle Republiqua"
BlowJets
Air Wisconsin
Piedmont
Pinnacle
Colgan
Comair
ASA
Horizon
Mesaba
Skywest
ACA/IDE
TranStates
Great Plains
AirNet

*Note that I'm not endorsing any of the above and some of those companies don't even exist anymore, others aren't hiring, while others definately have some "issues" or are terrible places to work... I just want to point out that at some point or another, I know FOR CERTAIN that each of these companies have hired pilots with less than 1000TT (sometimes significantly less).

That said, if you have the opportunity to build multi time, it's a lot easier with at least 100ME and 1000TT.

~J