View Single Post
Old 11-02-2015, 05:10 PM
Pilotpip
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2005
Position: Retired

Assuming they are still in business, perhaps. I'm of the opinion that it's not worth it for a regional job. In the current environment, a candidate with a clean record and ATP minimums should have their pick unless they really screw up.

If you're more concerned with nerves, have a few friends/mentors do a couple mock interviews. If you have any friends or family that is in HR, utilize them. While you'll get some "tell me about a time" questions, and maybe a couple technical questions based on your experience, it's not really about that. Your technical and practical aptitude will be vetted through the training process. They want to make sure you are somebody that the rest of a crew will be willing to fly with for 4 days.

Also, if you don't wear a suit often, do so. I've always been a very casual person, a jeans and teeshirt type. To this day I don't like wearing a suit, but my job requires it on a regular basis. Take the the time, and spend the money to have the suit tailored. If you're physically comfortable, it will only help when your nerves are shot during an interview.