View Single Post
Old 11-04-2015, 10:13 AM
robthree
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: 777, sofa

Originally Posted by Doingmyjob View Post
Any other people able to give a good heads up on what to expect on the interview day? Got one coming up about a week out!
My experience was almost identical to beav's. Including the LAS-SFO flight and mechanical failure. My CRM video was of a crew taxiing, getting T/O numbers over ACARS. The CA directed the FO to go heads down to enter the data, while he continued to taxi. The CA, of course, missed his taxiway, video ends. "OK, Captain debrief for me what went wrong." Total time was under 40 minutes.

The HR portion of the interview was with a different Captain and an HR rep. It lasted about 45 minutes, started with tell me about yourself, I faced a slew of TMAAT questions, all of which were on or variations of the MQF that Emerald Coast gave me. Then they asked a couple specific questions about my resume and application: a two year gap after college (20 years ago), and a check ride bust. It ended with "Why United?"

Everyone I met was warm and pleasant. They know you're under stress, and are doing their best to put you at ease. Be yourself, know the tech packet cold, and you should have no trouble.