View Single Post
Old 11-04-2015, 04:59 PM
skyguy33
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2013
Position: 737 IAH

Originally Posted by westwind1 View Post
Good evening everyone,
I am currently a FO for a 135 company flying a westwind and a hawker.
I am trying to get out from the 135 side of aviation...

I have applied today to RAH, the new 1st year FO pay it's what made me apply to this company.
How long did you guys wait before hearing back from them?

Any of you guys know what are the current reserve time and upgrade time?
Which junior base do they usually assign to new hire?
Is MIA still open and what the wait time to get a based there? I live in MCO/SFB area and it would be nice to commute as close as possible.

I do understand that commuting for a regional is less than recommended but please trust me that working for a 135 company with no schedule and 1 hard day off a week (Often away from base) is less attractive.

Thanksss
It took me about a week to hear back but this was a few years ago. Reserve time is dependent on base. Definitely not more than a few months anywhere. Some bases may have no reserve. It's hard to predict because flying changes and block hours in each base changes each month. So one month, a base may be overstaffed with lots of reserves, and the next month it'll be understaffed with 0 reserves. Upgrade time is currently in 2012, but it's been stagnant for a few months with few true upgrades as a result of those coming over from the Q and E145.

Lots of new hires been going to LGA, PIT, and EWR, but again, it depends on need.

MIA is not an easy commute from MCO. I promise. But, MIA isn't really moving too much. Very few people are going in and leaving, so it'll probably be a little bit before you could hold it.