View Single Post
Old 11-05-2015, 06:20 AM
dckozak
done, gone skiing

Joined APC: May 2005
Position: Rocking chair

Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
It is amusing how defensive FDX guys are...given your lackluster contract it's that much more amusing.:roll eyes:

I can't wait for the cornucopia of excuses if/when we come up with a far better contract. ALPA will no doubt take credit for it.
Sideshow, your dripping sarcasm is without equal, and I'm sure, on a layover, at a nice bar, it would be great to get into a serious discourse with you..
Fedex/ALPA pilots have now twice ratified contracts before and within the time frame that UPS/IPA pilots could have delivered a (better??) contract before we (Fedex pilots) set the bar..........

You didn't

So while the details of what your union will present to you, the pilots of UPS can only be surmised. I predict, based on past events, that with a high probability, two things will happen

1. Your negotiated pay rates will be slightly higher than ours

2. Your leadership will blame Fedex/ALPA for having set the bar too low, and your (unions) hands were tied by our (Fedex) crappy deal.

With the superior leadership and unity at UPS/IPA, how is it that twice over the course of two contracts, we, the weaker pilot group and union, have been put into the position of "setting the bar" for cargo pilots ?? This has been a grand failure of both our pilots groups and no doubt, left lots of money and benefits on the table, to the benefit of our respective employers. Ask your leadership how that happened, than go out and get that contract that will make us eat humble pie. I won't hold my breath waiting.