View Single Post
Old 11-05-2015, 08:49 AM
Snoopy 01
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2014

Originally Posted by TOGAANG View Post
Clint,
Congrats. To answer your questions I believe the questions are the same.

It is an automated interview so practice infront of a mirror sitting down with a timer and answering the questions first. I would practice at least two to three times. Ensure your wifi is good, turn off all phones in the house, send everyone including your pets away and make sure that the background behind you is good/professional. No Budweiser signs etc. Someone actually told me if I had a picture of an aircraft I flew to hang it on the wall and sit infront of it. I thought it was a good idea so I did just that.

Definitely wear suit and tie for the interview, pants optional. Ha Just don't stand up while interviewing. It will go quick so have your thoughts organized and be ready to go. I actually posted note cards next to the compute in case I froze or got stumped. It is fairly easy though.

I don't know if my internal rec's ever helped me. I am military as well with similar qual's but AA never once mentioned my LOR's.

Just be yourself but definitely practice before you do it.

Congrats again and cheers.
Agree with everything said. I took it one step further and practiced on my computer's webcam (movie maker software) so it would look like the real deal and I could practice making "eye contact" with my audience even though my face was on the screen in front of me.

I've also heard the same about internal recs. Apparently, they only come into play during the decision making process to determine if you are hired or not.

Good luck!