View Single Post
Old 11-07-2015, 07:56 AM
kronan
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: 757 Capt

Really flyphisher-117

117 is not the panacea many pilots hoped it would be. More than one of the bro's at AA and UAL have expressed discontent over the limits 117 allows, combined with the opinion that it's also resulted in more Airport Hotel layovers.

When DAL and UAL achieved their industry leading contracts don't really remember them folding to the mgt pressure of NWA's or SWA's paid less and we can't compete at that salary...so don't quite understand how the Superior IPA is willing to throw in their hand to simply match FedEx (BTW-does that salary comparison include the total compensation package...cuz last time I checked FedEx has a 2% A plan while UPS has a 1% A plan. And no, the larger B plan you have isn't nearly as costly as our A plan)

So, from the outside looking in, what part of our new contract is concessionary. Even the 8 in 24 Day\night flying change is MORE restrictive than required by the FARs. Is it the elimination of hub turning hotel rooms if there's enough sleep rooms for every single pilot hub turning.

Every time I ask someone to point out their top 5 takes of what makes our new contract concessionary the subject changes.

IMO-the closest thing to being concessionary was maintaining the status quo of the A plan cap. But that also makes the 2006 contract a "concessionary" contract. And personally, I would have preferred the majority of any retirement dollars being directed to the B plan vice making the gap between the PBGCC and our pension dramatically bigger

And just me, but getting an immediate 11% bump in compensation while preferring a 12-15% bump doesn't mean it's a concessionary pay raise