View Single Post
Old 11-07-2015, 01:36 PM
MikeF16
Otto

Joined APC: Jul 2013
Position: Turkish Pile Driver

Originally Posted by Sputnik View Post
Rookie question--deviating from deadhead. Rotation starts with a deadhead tomorrow morning for no reason. I'd rather go later in day. I booked a jumpseat....is there a way I can move my positive space seat to a later flight? Is my only option to js in later?

Thanks
If the original flight had a backup then if you wish to fall under commuter protections the DD flight needs a backup as well. It sounds like you're trying to take the backup that scheduling built-in to your rotation. Fine if you make it to work on time, your @ss if the later flight cancels or is delayed and you are late for your trip.

EDIT:

I have read the handbook but it leaves quite a bit to be desired. It says once I hit the guarantee I won't be on call anymore. But what if I'm in the middle of a trip, do I have to finish it? Could scheduling give me a 5 day 30 hour trip if I was 1 minute below reserve guarantee?

The handbook spoke about GS pay but I couldn't decipher it. Assuming I fill up, am I paid for a GS the same way a line holder would be paid a GS?

Last edited by MikeF16; 11-07-2015 at 02:11 PM. Reason: add questions