View Single Post
Old 11-09-2015, 06:44 PM
WIKI
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2015

Originally Posted by Sr. Barco View Post
These two questions are closely related so I will give my opinions to both. Why it failed followed by the remedy in --- --- I posted this at swapilotforum.com also.

1) Ratification bonus was too low. The side letters added $2bn in revenue over 2 years in my understanding yet we were offered $125m as a bonus. ---Bonus needs to be doubled---

2) No appreciable increase in 401(k) contribution (match). Our peers get a 15-16% contribution but we are stuck with a 10% match. ---As a compromise institute a 150% match to a max company match of 15% with no cap---

3) Redeye override went from 15% to 3%. ---Leave it at 15%---

4) 4% DOS snap up. ---Needs to be 8%---

5) "The Association" can waive rule allowing only single DH after redeye. ---Either define "The Association" or remove that language---

6) Can only ELITT redeye flying for redeye flying. --Remove--

7) Giving away Max flying for free. ---No way. It needs an override or separate pay scale. This is potentially a 200 seat airplane. Is it not? I don't want to fly a 757 for 737 pay---

8) "The Association" can waive codeshare protections (PDEW). ---Either define "The Association" or remove that language---

9) MOU= back door PBS. ---I don't want a single swapa dollar going towards this study---

10) Fatigue calls require a fatigue report before you get paid. Really? We are adults here. ---Remove---

11) No appreciable improvements to reserve. ---Reserve needs to be more palatable. Pay per day, trip ownership etc.---
For 2)
How about a defined sum (not percentage) and then the 1/1 match to hit the maximum annual contribution?
$17k per pilot costs ~ $137 million, then up to $18k of match for the <50 crowd and up to $21k of match for the >50 crowd...

While outside the scope of TA2, the board of directors should consider taking ESPP to the 423(b) limit of 85 percent from the current 90 percent. A show of appreciation for all the hired help "thinking like owners."

2 cents