View Single Post
Old 11-10-2015, 07:17 AM
Aviatrx
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: EMB145 CA

Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
Don't mistake pride for arrogance. Everyone may have an ATP but not everyone is cut out to represent United Airlines, and you know that. That's why there is an interview. Flows cause pilots to become entitled and you just proved it. You have an ATP so are you entitled to be a 777 FO? I will never support a true flow, however I will support this Commute Air deal because each pilot must interview though clearly motivated by inability to maintain the feed as well as DA and AAG

Don't get upset because I'm making sure someone one this Regional board knows the truth. Lots of miss information is posted here. As I said above United Pilots will have absolute say in who gets hired because there is an interview. And the United pilots get well qualified Commute Air pilots out of the deal, and that's it because it is NOT a flow.

Who hired the interns, trained the interns, worked with the interns and then recommended the interns for a job? United pilots. They may not have had flight time but their work ethic, personality and knowledge was vetted by pilots.

You have been at United a lot longer than me and I will eat my words if you can give me time in Uniteds history that a United Pilot was not present, and conducted an interview. (The strike doesn't count)
News flash, "Commute Air already represents United Airlines." Some of you mainline pilots, such as your self, are just too far removed or have never flown the FFD side, and just really do not have a clue.

Further more, it is insulting and hypocritical that UA is drawing a line on having a Bachelors degree while allowing one of their FFD carriers to hire pilots without. Then, after servicing UA customers for several years, say they do not qualify to be a mainline pilot. When will the airlines realize we are all moving airplanes and the same customers. Surprised the FAA is okay with all these shananagins. I figured standards would become more uniform since the Colgan crash in Buffalo. This latest CA pref interview. Is a move in that direction