Thread: Ameriflight
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2015, 12:58 PM
Jetlife
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2013

Originally Posted by LRSRanger View Post
Well, the majority are voting with their feet, hence the staffing woes. If this was such a great spot we wouldn't hurting so bad.

Aren't you still at AMF own nav? If so your "how to get a dream job 101" isn't worth a hill of beans. The people who get dream jobs are people who aren't ever satisfied with the status quo, and do what is necessary to achieve it. They sure as hell aren't a bunch of p******. Go ahead, argue with jetlife about how to get a good job, but you ring hollow because he is off furthering his career somewhere else and you are fat and happy like a pig in the mud.

I'll say it like I see it, pilot shortage or not. I don't need a bunch of AMF lifers for referrals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I truly don't like to make enemies in this business. And even still, I would recommend anyone fitting to a job that they asked a reference for, even those I have criticized in this thread. However, to see a pilot, somebody who themselves has shared the same struggle as I, you, and many others, talking about how pay and QOL shouldn't be great, and to just deal with it, I have a real problem with. Especially somebody who is in a position of power, a position of leadership. To see a potential leader tell impressionable, bright eyed new hires that they don't deserve to be paid a livable wage, or should just be happy that they get a paycheck to fly an airplane is absolutely unacceptable and unreasonable.