View Single Post
Old 11-10-2015, 04:26 PM
Slim11
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2012
Position: left seat CRJ (again!)

Originally Posted by Hc130 View Post
Thanks in advance for any potential help! 1st post

I washed out of UPT training last year, after the Instrument phase of T-6 training.
I had 90 military hours and approx. 25 pervious civilian hours.
I've also had 50 simulator hours, but not sure if/how those count.

I Obtained My PPL “Post UPT”
I only had to fly like 10 hrs to get whatever reqs. I didn’t already have.
Right Now I’m interested in civilian career, and I’m trying to get my instrument rating, (Passed the IFR written exam already)

I'm in a sort of rare position here, does anyone have any ideas? What should I do Who would I reach out to?

*I know that students who complete UPT (roughly 230 hours) get a PPL, instrument rating, and a commercial license.

Thanks again for all of your help!
I am also a UPT washout (medical). I remained in the NG and used GI Bill to finish up. In fact, I just applied for my retirement pay.

Given your position with respect to flying time, it seems instructing is your best option. I'd look into getting into the NG or Reserve so you can take advantage of flight training benefits. Any financial help you can get is helpful. Technically, you are prior service.

Since you have the PVT, GI Bill should assist with the remainder of your training. If you can join a NG/Reserve unit, that's additional income.

So far as your simulator hours are concerned, I don't know. If you were using a level D (full motion) simulator, those might be counted. The question then becomes how to legally make those hours count. My AF sim time wasn't logable (sp?). You may need to ask someone at your local FSDO.

Good luck!