View Single Post
Old 11-10-2015, 05:36 PM
CLazarus
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2015
Position: 777FO

Originally Posted by baseball View Post
Right. But, for me...I already have a loss of enthusiasm. This entire operation just sucks the life out of me. I feel like I have to do too many people's jobs. Load Plan, dispatch, scheduling, CCO times, irregular operations, maintenance bafoonery, aircraft servicing, etc. This entire operation hinges on pilots taking up everyone's slack the entire time the aircraft is on the ground. And we do this while fighting windmills and having to put up with petty "why did the CA add fuel" crapp, and then we've got to continually re-learn our jobs because we can't just stick with a standardized way of operating. It's the Yo-Yo effect every other month. It takes me forever to read up on all these pilot bulletins. Most of them are stupid and don't make us better or more efficient.
Wow, crazy how people can have totally different perspectives on the same things. I've seen and dealt with a lot of the same stuff since coming onboard, but it pales in comparison to what I had to deal with in the USAF. Most of what you point out is the direct effect of dealing with other fallible human beings. I'd love perfection from those around me, but I'm told I make mistakes too. My stress level is a fraction of what it used to be, so I guess these sorts of things just bounce off me for now. I know things can go bad for me pretty quick in this industry. However, I hope things improve around here for you or your perspective changes for the better.