View Single Post
Old 11-11-2015, 08:25 AM
Sr. Barco
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2005

So here we are so far...

1) Ratification bonus was too low. The side letters added $2bn in revenue over 2 years in my understanding yet we were offered $125m as a bonus. ---Bonus needs to be doubled---

2) No appreciable increase in 401(k) contribution (match). Our peers get a 15-16% contribution but we are stuck with a 10% match. ---As a compromise institute a 150% match to a max company match of 15% with no cap---

3) Redeye override went from 15% to 3%. ---Leave it at 15%---

4) 4% DOS snap up. ---Needs to be 8%---

5) "The Association" can waive rule allowing only single DH after redeye. ---Either define "The Association" or remove that language---

6) Can only ELITT redeye flying for redeye flying. --Remove--

7) Giving away Max flying for free. ---No way. It needs an override or separate pay scale. This is potentially a 200 seat airplane. Is it not? I don't want to fly a 757 for 737 pay---

8) "The Association" can waive codeshare protections (PDEW). ---Either define "The Association" or remove that language---

9) MOU= back door PBS. ---I don't want a single swapa dollar going towards this study---

10) Fatigue calls require a fatigue report before you get paid. Really? We are adults here. ---Remove---

11) No appreciable improvements to reserve. ---Reserve needs to be more palatable. Pay per day, trip ownership etc.---

12) Five year contract (or less!) I see too many factors ahead in the next couple of years that will only increase our leverage. Not a good time to be stuck on the sidelines with TA1's seven year duration.

13) The company wants to crack open Sect 1, and add subsets for the pilots? Fine...keep the PDEWs, tighten up the subset language, and give us some compensation (above and beyond the retro/bonus) for our increased career risk.

14) Some small housekeeping stuff that is long overdue like: a real COLA increase in Per Diem, a parking & uniform allowance, and language mandating minimums for hotel standards and health plans.

15) Subsets—enough said