View Single Post
Old 11-12-2015, 06:50 PM
Surprise
Gets Summer Off

Joined APC: May 2009
Position: AA

Originally Posted by full of luv View Post
Surprise,
Not that it's impossible, but it would be unprecedented for a merged airline to have a "big bid" after SLI, otherwise known as a "bump and flush". Most post merger companies have just filled new positions internally and then offered leftovers to new hires. There can be displacements, but a big bump and flush would be unprecedented. Hope you did not base your QOL expectations on that eventuality.
I'm not expecting to displace anyone, and I'm not expecting anyone to displace me, either. In fact, I believe "bump and flush" is specifically forbidden per the Merger Transition Agreement.

My concern is that I won't even be able to bid on naturally occurring "organic" vacancies as they come up on the other side, and vice versa. I know our PHX brethren want off "the island" ASAP, for example, and with a seniority list finally in place, there theoretically should be no impediment for them to do so, vacancies permitting. I should be allowed to bid into DFW if I like, and my colleagues there should be allowed to bid into CLT. There is so much movement system-wide that availability of vacancies shouldn't be a constraint. I'm more worried about the company coming up with creative other excuses on why this can't happen next fall.