Thread: UPT wash out
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2015, 12:07 PM
2loud
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2009

Originally Posted by USMCFLYR View Post
So again.....

I know I don't know all of the AF lingo; but through my AFROTC time and working with USAF types in both the military and my current job - if any of them said they flew white jets - I would assume they meant they were instructors in SUPT. So when you say that he wasn't a UPT IP? (though white jets sometimes seem to refer to those C-21s too, but usually in a different context)

Are you saying "white jets" doesn't equal SUPT/UPT IP?
Am I getting lost in some differences between SUPT and UPT here that I've lost touch with? Serious question.

I got the part about Luke and the UAE.
Sounds like he was a RTU IP and then even did a little time doing one of the exchange IP programs.

Of course we could just wait for Mike16 to come back and give us the details
"White jets" traditionally means T-xx, in the Air Force period.
Dude, you and I are showing age. TAC, MAC, & SAC, right? TCA, TRSA, ARSA....ahhh, we are freakin' old! Those commands were just transitioning at the start of my career. Back in the day, RTU/FTU (or whatever the hell they call them these days) were run by each command (even during the early AMC & ACC days). Then some general decided that he needed to accrue more brownie points for his next star, decided to transition all "training" into AETC.