View Single Post
Old 11-17-2015, 06:06 PM
eaglefly
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2008

Originally Posted by Cujo664 View Post
You troll the Envoy forums because you missed out on what's happening now. In your day, you were flying turboprops at $50/hr for a Capt. You just got lucky with the flow.

Now, Envoy's interview is essentially an AA interview. Once you hire on with Envoy, you'll essentially be an American Airlines pilot from day one of class. With 40 E-175's and 90 options, you may also be flying a mainline aircraft, not a "puddle jumper." Also, with a 2.5 year upgrade and 6 year flow the landscape has totally changed. The smart guys are coming to Envoy and you just can't accept that things are working out here.

I'm sorry things didn't work out as well for you as they are now for ALL Envoy pilots. But that's the way things work out sometime. Others are able to put it behind them and move on, some aren't. The old AMR did things differently than AAG. With AAG, you can't count on management doing what they say they are going to do. So far, that's exactly what's happened here.
If you want to believe this nonsense to be true, knock yourself silly. In the decade before I flowed to AA, I made over a million dollars at Eagle and drove 25 miles to work doing it. Considering the hardships others endured during that period, I consider myself comparatively lucky. Now, I'm making $180K/year and flying with some great people to fun places. AA isn't perfect to be sure and we trail Delta significantly in QWL and overall compensation, but at least I'm outside the furlough bubble and even if my airline career ended tomorrow, I'd consider it a rewarding success. My retirement portfolio is mid 7 figures, to boot.

I know this will pi$$ you off as you really want me to be angry and bitter to better rationalize your **** situation (at least according to many on EL), but knowing that, I only giggle more. Not for many others there who deserve better and will ultimately get it, but for pathetic dregs like you. By all means though, continue on if it too distracts you from another crap day at Envoy.