View Single Post
Old 07-24-2007, 11:37 AM
AFW_MD11
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: MD11 FO, ANC

Originally Posted by nightfreight View Post
AFW,

No one says this has to be a windfall for the pilots. But it shouldn't be for the company as well. If you want to live in a 600 square foot apartment (more like hotel), good for you. You probably won't need more than 500 pounds of stuff in that place. Most of believe in a higher standard of living. Look at it this way, you can move over to Paris and live in your cubicle if/when the company decides to open the domicile under the current CBA. I am not sacrificing a chance at STV for you to get $2700 bucks a month.

The company has found two of the most expensive cities on the planet to base pilots. Most of us think that there should be more reimbursement from the company due to this fact. If it cost the company extra money, this my friend, is the cost of doing business. If they can't (or don't want) to afford a little more, then maybe they need to consider plan B.

Yes the expat family on the home page of Hong Kong homes. At least they got a decent package and can afford to live in something more than a 600 square foot ****hole.
I never said I want to live in a 600 square foot apartment - I don't think I could fit myself, wife, 4 kids and 3 dogs in there. (sidenote:...IMHO the apartment ad in Paris didn't really fit the definition of ****hole - but to some it might.)

Most of us who believe in a higher standard of living probably won't bid this if/when the LOA passes either (myself included)

I am saying, however, that I might be willing to "pay the cost" of the possiblity of a non-vol STV assignment (since that's all I can see that it possibly might cost me) so that others who might want to volunteer to live in a 600 square foot apartment in Paris (or HKG) for two years can get a little extra "help" than our current CBA offers them to do it.......might be willing to......possiblity of.....

OPINION: I personally agree with the folks who say it probably will never come to non-vol'ing people - so I believe that even further reduces the risk/cost to me to support this. For the record I HATE being away from my wife and kids for even a week or more. I just don't see it happening, but I might be willing to roll the dice to get the gains (yes, gains) that the LOA offers.

.....I haven't voted yet......

(or they can choose the regular 3-year CBA option too and get tax equalization too - their choice again)

Doesn't seem to be such a big sacrifice for me, and a pretty "good deal" for someone who WANTS to bid it......that's all I'm saying......team player all the way baby!

Last edited by AFW_MD11; 07-24-2007 at 11:42 AM.