View Single Post
Old 11-18-2015, 08:12 PM
Phteven
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2014
Position: A321 - 39E

Originally Posted by lowflying View Post
The exco is composed of pilots just like you and me. They aren't management stooges or super senior guys looking to, "get theirs." Their job is to negotiate with the company and get back to us. If we like what they come up with then we vote yes. If you talk to one of them in person I guarantee that you'll come away much more informed then you will reading the qx facebook page or this site.
I didn't accuse the union of any of that. The only complaint I have of the union is that they told us they had big news then didn't deliver. Honestly I think the best thing to have happen right now is for things to keep on like they are and for the company to get nervous about a looming deadline for securing a new TA - a deadline they have, not us.

Originally Posted by ChristheCFI View Post
Base: Anything but Anchorage. Most people are getting what they want during class. (They'll give you your first choice for IOE no matter what.)

Reserve Time: Depends on the base. I'd guess the average is 3 - 4 bids.
It changes a lot month-to-month but you can count on basically any base within a bid. SEA and ANC aren't as common right out of class, but every base as been held by a new hire this year at some point. Reserve varies significantly. I think the highest right now is about a year before holding a line, but it is a little higher than usual because we are overstaffed and have tons of composite lines due to Alaska suspending several classes this winter. Currently we are showing 64 pilots categorized as "In-Process Attrition." Not sure what the typical number is on that, but that seems high.