View Single Post
Old 11-20-2015, 12:46 PM
Adlerdriver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: 767 Captain

Originally Posted by skeebo2 View Post
aldel driver grammar nazi

Cool pic what did you really fly? C150 or piper?

No booze no ad hominum Just a small keyboard on a cell moving in a crew van.

This booze thing that i an constantly accused of;
? it take one to know one?
Or like farting he who smelt it dealt it?

Other night in Kmem the winds were very gusty. Lately we have a few lines go thru. Neither the F/O or the jumpseater questioned my grammar. Instead they said thanks nice landing. When exiting on the stairs a holly shot or 2 was mentioned.
I'm (usually) far from a grammar Nazi. I really just wanted to ensure your post, in its original form, was preserved for posterity. They're pretty entertaining.

If you want to be more than a punchline here, would it be that difficult to run a spell check or at least read what you post after it's up so you can make any corrections that might help the reader. Small keyboards and moving crew vans aside, maybe your message isn't as critical as you think and could wait until you get to a real computer or the crew van at least stops. I'd also ask you to minimize the stream of consciousness approach you use in your posts but that's probably asking too much - I think that's just your way. The booze thing is just a comic way of inferring that your messages come across a little (to say the least) disjointed. Ready-Fire-Aim!! You may know what you're trying to say and think you're saying it quite well. At the risk of speaking for the crowd, the rest of us have to work a little harder than usual to figure out what you're saying.

Case in point - I have no clue what a "holly shot or 2" on the air stairs is. My guess is you're trying to say that your passengers/FO were making some kind of exclamation because of the landing conditions..... if so, well, we're all just glad you guys are okay.

I'm sure you're a fine pilot. We have lots of them - most of them can fly a jet AND communicate in public reasonably well . Maybe you communicate on the flight deck a little better than you do here.