View Single Post
Old 11-25-2015, 09:11 AM
doctorwho
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2015

Good points and I appreciate the feedback. The reason most of the guys are bailing is simple...it's a small charter operator and they are looking to move up to the majors flying big iron...they want a career and not the on-demand charter lifestyle. I'm a bit different...older, already had a first and second career (Navy and then VP at a big tech company). I'm looking for a place where I can enjoy flying, make at least some money (although all of these options pay significantly less than what I made). In that sense, while younger than him (I'm 48), I'm similar to Dick Karl (flying magazine)...an older guy who's looking to do some flying for pay after a non-aviation career.

In industry, you'd interview multiple places and get a chance to see what was out there before having to accept an offer. Similar in this business? No harm no foul in interviewing at both Republic and AWA (interviews would be about a week apart) or do they really want immediate responses to job offers?

To be honest, I was surprised at the quick response from the recruiters (less than 24 hours from website submission to interview offer). In industry as an executive, it was sometimes 2-3 weeks between first contact and an interview....