Old 07-24-2007, 07:38 PM
FDX1
Contract 2021

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: 777 - Both
Default O.K. I'll bite

Originally Posted by Albief15 View Post
FDX1,

Here's a question for you as you roll in on Jolly. Did the UNION get this LOA modified officially with an FCIF or did guys b1tching on the internet and not showing the "appreciation and respect" to the MEC get this changed?

What do you HONESTLY think? Everything I read from the MEC said "take it or leave it" , and MH even wrote "with us or without us..." Who helped facilitate this change?.
Somehow I knew you would be the one to follow in. Answer to your question:

This LOA is NOT OFFICIALLY modified until I see an amendment to the LOA with a signature from our MEC officers and the NC Chairman saying so. Otherwise this is still a promise from the Company and not in the LOA!

If that FCIF becomes part of the LOA with the Union's agreement then great. Who gets the credit? Probably the Pilots who have spoken up during the road show presentations and the numerous pilots that have e-mailed questions in to JL and certainly this and other public forums that have allowed a look inside. THe obvious flaws on this thing have become apparent thru numerous venues and to weigh one against the other would be a disservice to all and also just a lousy guess.

This was just my intent however if you read my response to Jolly. Reading some of your posts, I believe you are similarly convinced that to simply B1tch on this board about any 'pilot issue' is not enough. Take some ownership and action and start getting involved with Union activities. Paying your dues is not enough. The guys on this forum are the type that are truly interested in the issues but should take it a step further and get involved in the trenches. Too many of our fellow pilots are willing to let this Union get run by the 'other guys' and trudge along until something really Shi77y is about to happen. Then we all become internet activists.

And yes thanks to everyone that has taken the time out to let the MEC and their elected reps know what is wrong with this LOA and stepping up to ask the tough questions to Management. Lets hope that a few more 'issues' are brought up as re-negotiable and enter the final LOA. The obvious fixes are in plain view.