Gets Weekends Off
dn_wisconsin
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Sep 2005
  • Position
    A320 Captain
Quote: Hahaha, easy there big boy. Years ago Spirit wanted me to start class 8 days after my interview. A family member fell ill and spent a week in the ICU pretty much dead. I spent every moment I had next to said family member.

Now, Mr. Training Department worker. Would you please re-read my post?

YOU don't know what someone might be going through with their personal life right before training... I'll say it again... Going through systems 2-3 times would be ideal. But isn't necessary.

And yes, 3 pc's later, you still haven't washed me out.

On a different note, I hope you have a safe and wonderful Thanskgiving with your friends and family.
I read your post. Instead of encouraging the guy to come over prepared you tell him it isn't necessary. I guess I've never been comfortable doing the bare minimum or telling others it's ok for them to. No one in the training dept looks to wash anyone out, myself included. But with the issues we have been having lately t would be more appropriate to encourage new hires to come prepared. You apparently haven't upgraded yet but if/when you do would you rather have an FO who just got through or a useful source of knowledge in the cockpit. Especially if sh** hit the fan. I apologize if what I said came across as a personal attack. I shouldn't have said it that way. I just didn't like the way it sounded like it was ok for him to come in with the bare minimum studied.

I can relate to your example. I am currently in the hospital myself.

Happy Thanksgiving. I hope you are home with your family and get to enjoy the day.