Old 11-27-2015, 06:49 PM
notEnuf
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2015
Position: stake holder ir.delta.com

Originally Posted by capncrunch View Post
Holiday pay is a big one.

If they had HP, certain pilots would be happy to work and they wouldn't have to stack and pay as many green slips.

Unfortunately they are happy to step over a dime to pick up a nickel on that issue.
Holiday pay would be great but if you pay premium for the 9 or so holidays the non cons get, then everyone working holidays gets that. Not sure how many green slips are issued on the holidays but there are not enough to motivate them to pay that to everyone on the holidays. But I do like the idea.

When you bottom line it, they want more hours worked per individual. More hours is contrary my objectives regardless of the pay.

Having worked for a regional, LCC, and a major. The career goal for me was a good living with maximum days off. Previous generations of my family have worked a 65 hour month and had a standard of living about equal to mine (with an 85 hour month.)

I am all for making more but it needs to be optional. This job is more like the regional and LCC that I worked for than the major my relatives worked for. We need to start moving the needle in the right direction. Don't bring this job down to the regional schedule with better pay. After 20 years in the industry I paid my dues and worked my way up, I hope not to just pull the career down.

I may be the out a limb extremist but no quality of life concessions is my bottom line. Sorry, but that would be true even if we were not setting and breaking record profits every quarter.

Last edited by notEnuf; 11-27-2015 at 07:03 PM.