View Single Post
Old 11-30-2015, 05:36 PM
FL180
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2008

Originally Posted by StarHustler View Post
I'm starting SW new hire training in Jan and was looking to replace my black roller carry bag. The one I have used for the last 8 years of Corporate flying is pretty much shot. Is there one in particular that SW wants it's pilots to use or is there any SW discount for a particular type/brand? I appreciate any input.
Not really... Just make sure it's black. When you start training you can purchase a Luggage Works bag from the company uniform store which is just down the hall from your classroom. They are pretty good bags and you can payroll deduct them for $30 per check which is nice... Kinda like an interest free loan. They even come with a Southwest logo embroidered on them. The only thing is that they are very difficult to get under the Jumpseat in the classics. They are about 1/4" too wide and catch a bolt under the seat. They'll go in, but only with a lot of persuasion and swearing on your part. Other guys really like the Briggs & Riley bags and I think there is an airline discount for those, but I'm not sure how much or how to go about getting it. I came across a guy that had a Pelican case bag and I think that will be my next one.

Congratulations and enjoy training! Have fun!