View Single Post
Old 11-30-2015, 07:11 PM
JackBurro
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: MD
Default "Lie Flat" Seats

"Lie Flat" seats .... what could go wrong?

Today I just spent 7 hours in a coach middle seat getting to work on a SCHEDULED, company approved flight.

Background:
VTO line for Dec. Trip that left today (30 Nov) was an initial DH to ANC. I typically deviate, but after researching fares and realizing that it was one of the busiest travel days of the year, 1st Class options were virtually nil. I chose to stick with the scheduled pairing flights.

I then discovered that scheduling had failed to ticket me after the VTO release. Hence, a last minute emergency booking on a busy travel day and a revised pairing that transited ORD.

After arriving in ORD, the gate agent scoffed in my face at the thought of 1st class upgrade. All full. No options. All other airlines full on 1st class. Good luck!

Contacted ACP, scheduling and corporate travel on trying to resolve issues. Here is a few snippets of quotes from FDX agencies:
"You can deviate and book your own ticket"
"It's legal"
"You still get the bank money"
"It's not our job to chase the class fare, only to get you in place"

How can this happen? Simply because we failed to address soft contractual language that allows "if available" to get printed into the final CBA. It happens because they could give a rat's behind about doing what's right, rather than doing what's convenient.

So to the 57%, I'd like to say be careful what you wish (or vote) for.

BTW, my "first class" meal was 2 packages of pretzels.

Unequivocally and totally unacceptable.