Thread: ALPA
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2015, 03:25 AM
Route66
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2014

Originally Posted by eaglefly View Post
ALPA will solve nothing here, only add to each pilots cost. ALPA is a grotesquely bloated band of fatcats looking to fluff their coffers to keep their financial engine running. The problems here are too systemic. Parker knows exactly what buttons to push here and will push them in 2019/2020 ALPA or not. The most critical statement of the VP's letter to the pilots is the fact the opportunity for self-help is virtually zero, thus this pilot group's odds of true change is virtually zero.

We are bankrupt of leverage and completely predictable and thus can and will be knocked over with a feather. It's this pilot groups destiny.
I said to self several months ago I would lurk but not post. Well I'll have to break my "silence" if only to say JUST WHAT YOU SAID. The "seniority issue" has broken the back of pilot labor throughout the industry and the way I see it come 2020 you'll take what you're given or leave. Go on strike (or try to) and see what happens. I don't know (and I don't care really) what the "VP" letter contains. It's no secret to the Company because they already know (and have access to the APA info behind the scenes anyway) so YOUR cards have been PLAYED.

I love this Company, I love my job and I'm doing it as long as they'll have me. After ALPA, USAPA and AOL.....with "pilot" friends like that what good is unity.

Have a great career. I know I am!!!