View Single Post
Old 12-02-2015, 04:54 PM
FDXLAG
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2006
Position: 767 FO

Originally Posted by CloudSailor View Post
I have a feeling that a financial penalty would certainly encourage GT to follow the contract more closely.
Who are they going to fine and who are they going to reward?

Originally Posted by Busboy View Post
The OP's situation was not a mistake. This practice is pretty common on many flights I've been booked on. And, I'm not on VTOs. You think it's a mistake that we're booked on scheduled Europe D/H fits through PHL, that are often booked in coach, because first class(business) seats are not available? But, if I deviate, I can find dozens of ways to get there in business. Of course, the accepted fare doesn't cover those flights. Because the PHL connection 1st class flights are so much cheaper. Even though they're not available.

It's not a mistake. It's cost cutting.

Do you really think that there could not be language written into the CBA that required them to look for flights that DO have 1st class seats available?
"I then discovered that scheduling had failed to ticket me after the VTO release. Hence, a last minute emergency booking on a busy travel day and a revised pairing that transited ORD."

Ok sounds like a mistake to me but I'll take your word for it.

"The Company shall ensure that Corporate Travel (or any subsequent Company designated travel administrator) attempts to secure first class seating at the earliest practical point in the planning process. If Corporate Travel is unable to book first class at the time the initial booking is made, Corporate Travel shall notify the pilot who is awarded that trip, via e-mail, of the unavailability of first class."

I am not sure how we eliminate American or United from our list of carriers just because they have cheap fares to Europe.