Thread: Compass updates
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2015, 10:00 PM
404yxl
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2015

Originally Posted by Nantonaku View Post
If you are the kind of tool that is indicative of the Compass pilots then anyone that picks any airline but Compass is probably making a good
He is that way, but most Compass pilots are pretty good guys and gals. I am just stating what I see. When Alaskabound came to Compass he made the right decision, as did I. However, I don't think Compass is the sweet deal it was for all of us in years past. If I had to pick now, I would be leaning to Endeavor for their higher attrition rate and pay.

A lot of Alaska's and others' frustrations goes back to when they thought our debate over a average daily trip guarantee or 4 hours for a non-working calendar day was that it was a 4 hour min-day when it was not. For a while they could not grasp the concept that it didn't apply if you had a duty period touch your "30 hour layover" that you would not receive the 4 hours of add pay. Just ask the guys that had to do those nice Fairbanks layovers love it. With the ADTG, it would have paid a minimum of 14:15 with as little as two legs in 3 days. With the one we voted in, it can pay a minimum of 8:00 hours in 3 days.

Don't be surprised to see someone respond to that last paragraph flailing their arms.

Originally Posted by conquestdz View Post
404 likes to stir the pot and antagonize from time to time. It creates good discussions but does occasionally generate some negativity towards him specifically. Don't let one short tempered post towards him cloud your view of us as a whole. He likes the attention anyway.
I don't like to stir the pot, I just am stating it as I see it. If Alaskabound and others think the good decision to come to Compass somehow still applies to pilots today, they are mistaken or are intentionally clouding potentional new hires with incorrect info in order to secure bodies behind them for security at Compass. Those new hires deserve correct information just as when Alaskabound and others made their decision to jump over in 2013-2014.

Originally Posted by flyguy94 View Post
I'm hoping there's something in the language protecting CA pay rates. If they can just raise FO's pay rates indefinitely soon we will be paid close to the same.
That is why I think the Endeavor option is a good one to look at. All payscales went up $20K/year.

Originally Posted by echelon View Post
Pay rates for essentially ONE year of longevity. So effectively, they may as well have just kept the bonus because the rest of us get nothing! What do 2nd+ year FO's get besides a 1.25% raise and a less-than-COLA raise later if the company decides to increase first year pay again (who says they will?)? What do captains get? Except for seniority as you put it... But the bonus did that too.

I thought the reason we were all against this bonus from the beginning was that it only benefited new hires... and yet from my perspective it seems we haven't changed anything. The hotels, granted, are a plus. But again, none of this is anywhere near "industry leading" as RL put it. I think it's embarrassing that people are celebrating this when the other two companies that are owned by our parent, that everyone considers "bottom-feeders," have already had this for a long time.
I thought all the payscales would have gone up with the agreement, especially with the leverage the pilot group had.