Thread: Tool of the day
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2015, 11:29 AM
flyingice
Tie Domi of Open Time

Joined APC: Oct 2011
Position: Whistles go woo

Originally Posted by N19906 View Post
TOTD: to that OO flyboy who was lurking in the lounge last night at Roasters in SEA.
I was having dinner with my crew after they cx our last leg to the outstation because freezing rain was forecast. Another pair of FA's from our base showed up because of the same thing. This tool and his sidekick drifted over after they heard us talking about "work, work, work, overnights, work..."
"Hey, are you flightcrew?... Who do you work for?..."
TOTD:"I fly for "Delta". I fly jets" My lead FA tore into him, (bless her black heart, her hubby flies too), "Oh yeah, what type? CRJ, ERJ, Embraers, what?"
TOTD: "All of them." (Smirk.) "I even let a flight attendant do a landing once." FA: "Bull****! I won't even land the plane if I'm flying in a -172."
He was making a play for one of the other girls. They were ok, they knew how to handle this douche.
It was amazing, (appalling). The frozen permanent smirk. The perma-tan. The *********g ducktail hairdoo. (I hate those.) It was straight back to 1986 and "Top Gun". It was the Iceman. He walks the earth again. I wanted to wring his neck for the damage his stereotype does to our profession. The girls just laughed at him. I just wondered how in the hell he got hired; I'm sure his apps are out all over. The pool for the regionals must be pretty well drained dry.

It was so cliché it was unbelieveable.
Ok, rant over.
Trolling at Sharp's Roaster?! What a loser. Half the people in there are airline crew or play with spreadsheets at a certain carrier's HQ several blocks away. Last time I was in there, a VP of Flight Ops and a base Chief Pilot for that airline came in.

I eat there when I'm in town for AQP, and I just want to go in, get my pulled pork sandwich and a Manhattan at happy hour, and relax after a day in the sim...and not have clown walking around making our profession look bad. And given who dines there as well, I'm sure the day will come where his face won't come with a positive association...