View Single Post
Old 12-06-2015, 03:29 PM
disillusioned
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2014

Originally Posted by sqwkvfr View Post
I'd be a little careful about getting too cocky. Bryan Bedford is still the Chairman and CEO of that place and that contract has a lot of company-favorable caveats that have yet to be exploited.

For example, ask any reserve FA about how the phrase "all things being equal" is being used to negate what they thought were gains in their reserve language.
This right here!! ^^^ Look at any of the numerous threads to see what Republic has done over the years. Guy I talked to quit after the "kids spend your money wisely" memo from BB. Dude in his million dollar mansion telling his pilots to maybe not upsize their value meal so they will have more money in the future.

I don't know what will happen with your new contract. But I am guessing that a management company that took 8 years to get a new contract and blames everything on the 1500 rule, already has figured out how they will exploit the new loopholes and wrote them in there for a reason. No skin in the game, but if it was me I wouldn't expect BB to change the way he has been for all these years and all of a sudden treat you guys with respect. Time will tell.